Thursday, October 29, 2009

seriously?

Well we have lived in Oregon for over two years now and we really do love it here. But there are just a few things that I can't seem to be able to handle and frankly I don't think it is going to change anytime soon.

I walked outside tonight to blow out the candles in our jack-o-lanterns. After I had picked up a couple of pumpkins and turned out the lights I noticed THIS pumpkin. Look close.....blow it up if you want too.....It has been turned into the most frightening jack-o-lantern ever!

SERIOUSLY?!?!?! I about screamed, threw up, and ran in the house. I hate slugs. I think they are one of the most gross animals EVER! They are ugly and slimy and remind me of a certain bodily fluid that comes out your nose. I started looking around and realized that I was surrounded!







They were everywhere! Apparently they must like pumpkins. I has been raining quite a bit lately which hasn't helped the situation but the worst thing was that I went outside BAREFOOT! Can you imagine the horror had I stepped one of these suckers! How Josey can love them is beyond me. I don't think I will ever get over the horror.
And then as I was headed inside, this little (and I use little liberally.....he was HUGE) guy was there, I think just to rub it in or something.

Seriously gross.

6 comments:

Liz said...

SO GROSS!!!

Amanda said...

oh my gosh....I think i just threw up in my mouth....seriously that is the most disgusting thing ever!!!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

EEEEEWWWWWW! But...fitting for a creepy crawly Halloween I guess.

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Gross Gross Gross. I don't think you could ever get use to that.

Alli said...

oh my gosh! That is so wierd! I love the one crawling into your house. They make the pumpkins look scary at least! I wish you had stepped on one with your bare feet. I would have laughed so hard if they were stuck in between your toes.

Cami said...

I have never seen such a thing! What the ?!? I'll be having Dave blow out our pumpkins tonight!