Monday, November 09, 2009

Maddy's room

Ok. You might remember this post about Maddy and Josey's cute room that we had painted and redecorated (mostly). I was so excited to be done with a room and thought it turned out pretty cute. Well after a month or so when we really started thinking about where we were going to put the baby and how we were going to work out the room situations.....we decided to rearrange rooms. Crazy I know but it just made the most sense in the long run!

So we decided to forgo the playroom and turn it into a room for Maddy. She has her own room and she couldn't be happier. We then decided to put Lilly in the room with Josey and the baby will have her own room for a little while until she gets easier to share with. So Maddy has been ecstatic and Lilly has been ecstatic (she has wanted to share a room with one of her sisters her whole life). Josey is the only one that is sort of getting the short end of the stick and feeling it! However, because Dustin and I are second born and middle children we feel WAY too sympathetic for her. So we are "redoing" her room as well trying to salvage as much as we can from the old room. Fortunately Maddy's chosen bedspread has some of the colors that were going on in the old room so they were easily transferred to Maddy's room.


So here we finished Maddy's room this weekend finally. Here is a little bit of the before room...

and here it is after.....






She loves it and is spending all her time reading in her bed and hanging out in her room!
I have a few more things that I need to do in Josey and Lilly's room and then I will post some pictures of the changes. I am excited because I think it is turning out super cute!

6 comments:

Megan said...

I totally want that room! Being married is great and all, but a part of me misses getting to decorate my own little space with whatever I want. I married someone with defiinite opinions on decor!

SMDStudio said...

The room is so cute! I only wish I had a room that cool when I was a kid - seriously!

Amanda said...

Sooooo cute! I love it!

Betsy Fox said...

What a fun mom you are to make such a cute room for her.

Wendy said...

Super cute. I love the curtains on the bed! Any girl would love a bed like that.

THE REBER FAMILY said...

So so cute. And SOOOO grown up. Is it weird to have a tween?? I wish we got to see you more often so we could experience their growing up with you.