Thursday, January 14, 2010

I really need to clean my nest......

So I keep waiting and waiting for that wonderful "nesting" instinct to take over. I have had this with the other pregnancies and it always seems that just before the baby is to arrive I am able to kick it into high gear and get all the laundry clean and done and the house scrubbed. However I am just a little over a month away from the arrival of our little new one and I have no desire to.....well frankly move. I am so tired and uncomfortable. I am uncomfortable sitting, walking, standing, sleeping, you know the nine month pregnant disease where everything hurts and all you want is to just experience the pain of labor in order to get the baby out. I am there.

However, there is SO MUCH that needs to be done! I can't even walk in the babies room! (That is my goal today) I keep telling myself that I want everything else clean before I tackle the room but I can't seem to get everything clean at the same time. Either the downstairs is relatively clean or the upstairs is relatively clean but NEVER it seems at the same time! So I am giving up on that and just going to tackle the babies room. Besides that I haven't pulled any clothes out to wash and get organized, I don't really have anywhere for the baby to sleep yet and we don't even have a car seat yet. SERIOUSLY? What is wrong with me?

I know that the baby won't know or care where she is sleeping or what she is wearing but I have never been this unorganized before a baby came. I remember with Maddy I seriously think that I thought that I would not be able to go to a store to get anything. I felt like I needed EVERYTHING you would EVER need for like a year before she came. And then after she came I realized that Dustin or I could always run to the store to grab the "essential" baby finger nail clippers! jk But maybe with number 4 I am a little too relaxed? This time I keep thinking I guess I will just wait until she comes out because I will at least be able to bend over and walk up the stairs a little easier.

So if anyone out there wants to come and scrub a kitchen floor that I can't remember the last time it was mopped feel free to stop by. You will probably have to sweep it first though! OR if anyone has a bassinet or something that the baby could sleep in in my room then I could put off cleaning the babies room a little longer......let me know. How sad is this?

7 comments:

Wendy said...

I so wish I lived closer! I would LOVE to mop your floor and get the baby's room ready. Good luck!

Megan said...

Totally and completely normal. I've got several more months (like, 6) but I'm totally unmotivated to do any prep work. Maybe once I find out if it's a boy or a girl, then I'll feel motivated!

Your spanking comments made me LAUGH!!! There's always ONE kid that ruins all your carefully-laid plans on child rearing. My mother-in-law says it was her second and her fourth that seriously gave her a run for her money. (Funnily enough, both child #2 and child #4 STILL remain the most difficult to get along with!) I try not to have too many plans on how to raise Camryn--mostly because I know if I voice them, my parents will eagerly await the day that Cmaryn refuses to go along with my plans and they can then say, "HAH!!! We TOLD you so!!!" They love doing that. And I hate being proven wrong, as I so often am. :)

Sarah said...

If only I lived closer! I was on bed rest with Kai and had my mom close to help and Michele flew in to keep me down and take care of Jake and Jadyn so she did most of cleaning and prep work for me since we were sure he was coming "any day now" (turned out to be a month later).

It's ok, the baby can sleep in a drawer if needed.

Kim aka Asher's mommy said...

I have a bassinet I would be glad to let you use!!! And seriously, if you want help w/ the house or kids, just say the word. I'm sure my son would love to play w/ your girls! Seriously! And let me know if you want to use my bassinet! PS-I'm Kim, I work w/ Dustin, we met at the holiday party on Saturday! :)

Kim aka Asher's mommy said...

PS-email me if you'd like! moxiegrl79@yahoo.com :)

Alli said...

I love cleaning other people's stuff much more than my own... so if I lived there, i would be over in heart beat. seriously. if only....
I want to come see you and the little babe!! and it broke my heart the other day when I called and josey picked up, and she was like "aunt alli, when are we going to see you??" and I wanted to cry because I could hardly recognize josey's cute little voice! she's growing up too fast

Rachel said...

I will be there Monday. I will help you organize the baby room. Let's do it!