Wednesday, March 24, 2010

MEOW

This is what Maddy, Josey and I did last night. We went and experienced......CATS! We had so much fun!I had so much fun with my big girls. We drove into the city and had some quick dinner and took our seats. Maddy was in HEAVEN as she has been obsessed with real cats for about a year now due to her favorite books "Warriors". She leaned over to me during the play and said, "This just makes me want to be a cat even MORE!" So cute!

When I asked the girls which cat they wanted to be it was so funny the ones they chose. Josey said that she would like to be the Siamese cat that was rally graceful and pretty and Maddy wanted to be the leader Tiger cat that was taking care of everyone and got to be in a few fights. Please keep in mind that the baby is only a month old......don't look at me too long.
So Josey pooped out a little after the intermission. And I mean she was sound asleep by the time it was over. After all is was about 10:00 which is WAY past her bedtime. So when I had to shake her awake she wasn't in the best mood. I insisted that we take a few pictures before we headed to the car and that was VERY unpopular with her. We really did have a good time and they loved their new t-shirts.
Here we are waiting for it to start. See we were all happy at the same time.


This was my early birthday present. When I saw that CATS was coming I knew I wanted to take my girls. I have wanted to see it for years! It was really good and have you ever heard a note come out of someones voice that just makes your eyes well up? It doesn't even matter what the song is! When the old Grisabella the Glamour Cat sang the last verse of "Memory" it was almost all I could handle to not just start crying it was so beautiful and moving. I can't wait to go see another one with my girls. Maddy already has said that she wants to see as many musicals as she can. I just wish the tickets weren't so expensive....especially since I have 4 girls. It is going to get harder and harder to take everyone to a play! I guess we will just have to take turns.....but I get to go everytime!

Thanks for staying with a VERY cranky baby last night Dustin and letting us do our girl thing. Love you!

6 comments:

Megan said...

I selfishly am SO GLAD I'll have two little girls soon, because I love nothing more than the idea of taking them to musicals and "The Ntcracker" and such!!! I loved "Cats" when I saw it years ago--it's weird, but the dancing is amazing and the music is so fun. I hope my girls will be into theater and dancing and singing one day like their mom, who has no talent in the acting/dancing/singing department but loves musical theater anyway!

One thing my parents did when Katie and I were in middles school was buy a season package for a local theater group. The tickets were cheaper that way, and we saw a whole host of amazing plays! You could even split the package with your neighbors or another family with musical-loving girls, or just buy two tickets and take turns taking each girl to a performance or two. SO FUN!!!

Megan said...

P.S. "Memory" was the tune of the first music box I remember owning, and the first piano piece I ever played at a recital. LOVE IT!!!

Betsy Fox said...

I'm glad you got to go have fun with your big girls. I think babies are the BEST thing in the world for older siblings. It teaches them patience and sacrifice in a very real and meaningful way. But, it is so nice to get away for a big with just the reasonable people (the big kids) and just focus on them.

SMDStudio said...

"Cats" is a great show. I saw it in high school and was amazed with how animally the actors were - almost spell-binding. THat is so cool you got to take your girls. I took Anna to her first ballet last month (little and local, but beautiful dancing and costumes) and she was completely mesmerized. It made all that waiting for a little girl so worth it, and it made me so excited for all of the ballets and shows to come. Girls are great!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

I wanted to take Cj to the nutcracker this year so bad, we have a couple ballet companies here that are always doing awesome shows. But,the budget only allowed ice cream at the moment. But mommy daughter dates are so fun. Ps: you look great Jes. And I am proud of you for taking a picture for memories sake. I am still hiding from the camera. lol.

Kate said...

To answer your question about the headband/bows... the blue flower clips were at Children's Place. I clipped the blue flower onto a yellow bow. And then onto a headband for the baby. So they were basically each wearing a double barrette. Looked pretty cute though, right? I love those dresses.

I'm jealous that you get to see musicals! My girls will be big enough someday. That will be so much fun. Quinten is absolutely not interested at all.