Thursday, June 03, 2010

why did we have so many kids?

That is what my sister and I keep asking each other. Well I do have pictures but my camera software isn't working on my computer so no pictures today. But I just needed to update......does anyone want a couple of kids? Cause right now we have more than our fair share wreaking havoc throughout the house. We have a 12 yr old, a 10 yr old, a 9 yr old, an 8 yr old, a 5 yr old, a 4 yr old, a 3 yr old, a 1 yr old, and a 3 month old........and here is the correct response to reading all those ages under one roof.......AAAAAHHHHHH! WOW! I think we are starting to figure out how to manage everyone but the worst is bedtime and any meals. Do you know how much it costs to feed 9 children and 4 adults breakfast lunch and dinner?! Seriously! I need to take some pictures of everyones rooms because there just seems to be beds EVERYWHERE upstairs. We have 4 in one room, 3 in another room, Becky and Ryan and the baby in their room and our baby in our room with us as well. Everyone is sleeping really well......that was a joke. We are having fun though and the kids are in heaven, most of the time, unless they are fighting and hitting and yelling, I mean we do have 5 under the age of 5 so that is bound to happen. I am just getting nervous when school gets out in a week cause even getting rid a few older ones during the day is a tremendous help. Heaven help us.

4 comments:

Alli said...

tanner the other day said, "aren't you glad you're not up there?" and my response was, "Are you kidding?! I would love to see this." plus, i wish I was up there to take a couple kids off your hands! any of them want to take a trip to 110 weather in Arizona!? I really really wish I was there to help! at least one day, you can laugh at all this. right?

Megan said...

This is one reason why I wholeheartedly embrace the idea of summer camps!!! Like, 8 weeks or longer. :) When that's not possible, I'd look for a nice day- or half-day-camp of sorts and send everyone over the age of 3 to attend!!! We've found a lot of day camps listed in the community paper here in Utah--maybe the Oregonian or your local paper might have some inexpensive suggestions (I know my mom always favored the local parks and recreation day camp for us)!

Amanda said...

Wow...that's all I can say is...wow :) I wrote an email to you the other day but it sent it back to me...but do you still have baby clothes that Ivy is growing out of? If so, I would love to go through them!

Liz said...

That is crazy!! I hope you guys survive