Sunday, September 26, 2010

can't say something nice, don't say anything at all

Today after church as we were headed to the car, we were chatting with another little family with their first little baby who is the same age as Ivy. I wasn't paying attention but all of a sudden I hear Dustin scolding Lilly for something. He told me afterwards that she had looked in their carseat and started laughing and said, "What a scary, ugly, freaky baby!" OH MY GOSH!!!! I was so embarrassed! They of course have an adorable little baby! Lilly's reaction was sort of bewildered that we were upset with her for saying such things! Kids can be so embarrassing and I guess I need to teach her about the can't say something nice, don't say anything at all rule!

In other news! Hello Dolly is finally coming to a wrap! We only have 2 weeks until showtime and things are getting more and more hairy. But I am finally starting to enjoy it more and I think the girls are as well. The other day I had to bring Ivy with me to a rehearsal. The next rehearsal the director came up to me and asked if I would be willing to have Ivy be in the performances! She said it was so cute seeing her up there with me and she would love to have her included. So they are making her a cute poofy dress and a little bonnet and she gets to join all the girls in our musical! I am totally excited about that! However at church today the director pulled me aside again and asked if I could step into another number because one of the members had to pull out of the play last minute. I told her that wouldn't be a problem but then I found out it is a full on dancing routine! With like a partner that has to lift me and stuff!!! How funny is that?! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Can not stop laughing!! Sooo Funny!

Alli said...

that is so funny about lilly! what did the parents say?? haha. That is awesome that you are going to be in a dancing number. are you like super mom? i can't believe everything you are doing right now!

Betsy Fox said...

Whatever, Jess,
You know she hears you say stuff like that about other people's babies all the time!